Followers

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Prii-order

As of today I've officially spent my first Wii money. Although I haven't pre-ordered the actual system (I had to go to class Friday morning), I've placed some money down on a few games and a few accesories. I'm not at all worried about getting a Wii. There shouldn't be any major shortages come launch time. I can always go to Walmart at midnight as a last resort.

The Games:

1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Well, duh. No big surprise here. If there are going to be Wii shortages of any kind, it will be this game.

2. Trauma Center: Second Opinion
With everyone going apeshit over the DS version of this I simply couldn't resist. It seems like playing surgeon with a Wii-mote would be a lot of fun.

3. Rayman Raving Rabbids
This game is just going to be wacky and fun, and from what I understand, makes great use of the Wii-mote in a lot of different ways.

I opted out of pre-ordering Red Steel at the last minute because I'm just not convinced the controls are going to be polished enough. Ubisoft is a damn good company but Wii is completely different territory for everyone. I could eventually be proven wrong, of course. I just need to know more about this one before I make up my mind.

So that's three out of my 9 Most Wanted. And that list didn't even include games like Excite Truck, which is a first party title and may be one of the best.

The Accessories:

1 & 2. Extra Wii-mote and Nunchuck.
I figure I'll probably want to play multiplayer at some point. I had four controllers for the Gamecube from day one, but I think I'll stick to two on the Wii for now. I don't think any of the games I pre-ordered have multiplayer anyway. But Wii Sports (included with system) will be multiplayer. Anyway, since you basically have to buy two controllers for each additional player I'm going to hold off for now to save a few bucks.

3. The Classic Controller.

Mmmm. Pretty. This is for use with all the Virtual Console games. It's shown with a cord for some reason. I don't know why they wouldn't make this wireless as well, except to keep costs down. But considering this is a more retro controller you'd think the cost would be down to begin with. Whatever. Want it anyway.

So that's what I've got so far. I'm holding off on a memory card until I know how necessary they'll be. The Wii has some built-in memory, so we'll see how far it goes.

No comments: