Followers

Friday, February 09, 2007

Early 300 Review

I've posted two trailers for 300 already. So, yeah, I'm pretty excited.

Someone posted a very entertaining review of 300 on Ain't It Cool News. It's chock full of vulgarities, so if that's not your thing don't click.

This quote pretty much sums it up, though: "The movie takes place about a million years ago, and it’s sort of like a prequel to SIN CITY. Except way less guns and cars but twice as much skull splitting. If you watch this movie and go into a Taco Bell, and say to the cashier, “I need some extra sauce packets” guess what? You’re getting twenty sauce packets because your face will punch him in the brain."

7 comments:

Paige said...

I read the review. Hilarious. A bit vulgar for me but I love the quote "Hey Lord of the Rings could have used some Journey."

BG said...

I'm looking forward to it. I like Frank Miller and his writing, and its based on an actual historical happening...the best of both worlds!

Sharkbear said...

I think it's important to note that it's loosely based on actual events. I'm pretty sure the actual battle didn't include armored rhinos, enormous spike-handed mutants, or bottomless pits. Or maybe it did. I'm no historian.

BG said...

Scott, I seriously doubt any of your friends consider it anything more than loosely based. The premise of the event apparently happened, but I'm sure none of us figured the Persians and Spartans actually looked like they do in the movie. If any of your friends do, you should probably not be friends any more.

Sharkbear said...

Hey, I just thought you should know, Brian.

BG said...

Well, I appreciate your concern. Now if you'll excuse me I am waiting on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and I think I hear the tooth fairy. Also, this google / blogger merger just proves we should be preparing for our Google over-lords to lead us into the future.

BG said...

In related news...sort of...the head of Cartoon Network stepped down, and they paid out $2 mil for the Boston scare.