Followers

Monday, February 19, 2007

In The Grotto

This was going to be a post about when and where you could come and watch me in Titus Andronicus. Unfortunately as of tonight I don't know the answer to either of those questions.
I arrived at what was supposed to be our first dress rehearsal at 6:00, only to find out that we had been evicted from the World Grotto. The owner was trying to make last minute changes to our contract, double booking us with some band. Needless to say that wasn't going to work so she told us to get out and then called the cops.
So one week before opening night we have nowhere to open. Which also means a lot of pre-sold tickets have to be refunded, and we've wasted a lot of production money unless we can find another performance space. But that's going to be difficult to do since the next play goes into production in only a few weeks, and I'll be gone for an entire week before then.
So...yeah. What's new with you guys?

7 comments:

BG said...

They called the police? Did one of you stab someone?

Sharkbear said...

No, the owner called the cops because she is a psycho. (My apologies to other, more rational psychos).

Anonymous said...

You know, this isn't the first complaint about the Grotto I've heard in the past couple of weeks.

Zhubin said...

Wait, I thought you guys had a contract. Why isn't there a lawsuit being brought here?

Anonymous said...

Any news?

Holly said...

I can't believe this is surprising, but it somehow is. Holy hell.

Anonymous said...

that sucks, scottie, i'm sorry. :( i was looking forward to seeing it.

oh wait. you never told me when it was going to be in the first place.

still sorry though. :(