Followers

Friday, September 29, 2006

Webcomics Extravaganza!

I'm on kind of a comic kick these days. I recently purchased the first Penny Arcade book at Knoxville's new Triad Comics store. A fine store indeed. I also bought the first issue of a manga sequel to Jim Henson's Labyrinth. I haven't read it yet. I'm almost reluctant to, because I've been slowly developing my own sequel idea in my mind and the comic might be at odds with it.

I've also recently discovered some fantastic web-comics.

1. Lackadaisy

This the newest out of all the comics I discovered, and I don't actually remember how I first found it. But I absolutely love it. The art is fantastic, the story (little so far) is intriguing. The main character is a lovable scamp (oh how I love scamps).
Plus I've had a thing for cat ladies from an early age. Mrowr!

2. Applegeeks

Discovered this one today. Linked to it through Gabe's (of PA fame) new art blog. I've barely read any of this so far, but it's another stunner as far as art is concerned. I'm looking forward to delving farther into it.

3. Achewood

Originally linked to this through Penny Arcade. The comics they recommend are usually worth checking out, since they're incredibly picky. Achewood has a strange balance of debauchery and sweetness.

4. Sinfest

Zhubin got me into this a few years ago. I read it like mad and then forgot about it. I'm getting into it all over again. It's heavily influenced by Calvin & Hobbes, particularly early on, but it finds its own groove. Also, Monique is a hotty.

5. The Perry Bible Fellowship

This is probably my favorite webcomic outside of PA. The artist uses a lot of different styles for the strips, and the sense of humor is twisted. Several strips feature bears.

6. Sluggy Freelance

This is another one that's been around for quite some time. It features an epic sci-fi comic adventure, among other things. I have yet to read all of it.

7. Bunny Suicides

Now this is comedy!

No comments: