Followers

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

If You're Going To Have Your Face Drilled You Might As Well Learn Something


So, the root canal turned out to be a mercifully painless procedure. I'd heard some horror stories in the past, so I wasn't completely at ease going in. After the first couple of minutes I was actually hoping I could get some sleep, mostly just to get away from the ceaseless droning of the Fox & Friends anchors. They told the same four stories at least five times each during the hour and half I was there, and even had time to interview America's beloved Elmo!
Things I learned:

  1. Astronauts working on the international space station lost track of a bolt, which is now traveling at 17,000 mph in some unknown orbit, potentially bringing ruination down upon the world.
  2. Democrats say Bush's 9/11 speech was too political. Republicans, not so much. WWIII immenent.
  3. We had a bunch of Al Qaeda leaders in our sight and let them go, because we play by the rules. Guest commentator Mancow (of America's beloved Mancow's Morning Madhouse) says WTF?!
  4. Pamela Anderson's Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son did not die of natural causes. Also, she has a new baby daughter (soon to be named Silver Lining).
  5. Elmo loves you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

re #4. you are SO not up on your pop culture.

it was anna nicole smith. and he was 20.

in my best valley girl: "psh-shaw."

Sharkbear said...

Ah, yes. Of course. I meant Anna Nicole Smith. I often confuse the two, although I find Anna Nicole much more annoying.

Anonymous said...

well, the confusion is understandable...blonde hair...big boobs...empty heads....