Followers

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sufjan

I have a new musical obsession. It was Jonathan Coulton, but after Holly informed me (multiple times) that he's old news I promptly burned all my MP3s (like, on a fire). My new favorite is Sufjan Stevens. I was up until 3 this morning hoarding as much of his stuff as I could. I was dismayed to find out that he is playing in Atlanta tonight, which I would have gone to in a heartbeat if I'd only discovered him a week earlier, and had time to prepare. From what little I've seen so far, his live shows appear to be very interesting events (with, like, costumes and stuff). He's definitely fun to listen to.

5 comments:

BG said...

That muffin thing is both disturbing and confusing...at the same time.

~Brian

Anonymous said...

love him! love sufjan!

FINALLY...some artist out there that i've heard of before you!!! wheeeeeee!

Sharkbear said...

Well, to be honest, I'd heard of him before. Anyone who follows music had to hear about his Illinoise album, since it was one of the most hyped records of last year.
I just hadn't listened to him until recently.

Anonymous said...

I didn't say Coulton wasn't awesome, ASS. He plays the Glockenspiel!! (Sufjan is old too. Old and awesome.)

Sharkbear said...

I also find it interesting that our culture has reached the point where anyone whose first album was released six years ago is considered old.
The Rolling Stones--now those fuckers are old.