Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"God Please, Don't Let This Man Open This Closet."

Pitchfork has a nice list of 100 Awesome Music Videos for your enjoyment. I haven't tried to watch them all, but the selection is very eclectic. Several of the videos I tried to watch have been removed (probably by legal goons) but there are still a bunch of good ones up.

I like this one a lot:

The first time I saw it was in a Channel Frederator podcast (which I highly recommend for all you video iPoders).

Notice the title says that it's just a collection of "awesome" videos, as oppossed to a VH1 Best Videos Ever list. So some of the videos are on the list because they are awesomely bad. And some of them are just...um. I don't know what you classify this as:

[video dead]

I know these videos have been around for ever, but I hadn't seen any of them until I checked out this list. There are layers to R. Kelly's gifts that I never dreamed. Is this self-parody? If so it's on a Kaufman-esque level of comic genius.
Most likely Kelly is just a complete dipshit.

No comments: