Followers

Friday, September 22, 2006

Nintendo Needs To Discover This Game

Penny Arcade linked to this game, noting how it would be available for download on the PS3. I'd love to see this game on the DS, and not just because it bears a striking resemblance to Electroplankton (a game which I am still dying to play).
Flow is a very addictive game, but the thing that interested me most was Cloud, another game by Flow's creators. In Cloud you fly and, apparently, paint with clouds. As you roam around the sky you can pick up other clouds to make your cloud bigger. Also, if you bump into less compatible clouds you'll create a storm front. The ensuing rain showers can be used to your advantage, although I'm not exactly sure how just from watching the video. The reason this game interested me (aside from having a fantastically peaceful soundtrack) was the thought of how perfect a game like this is suited for the Wii. Flying and painting? Sign me up. I'm just daydreaming here. As far as I know neither the creators of the game nor Nintendo have even heard of each other, let alone considered working together. But this is the kind of original content I hope to see, in nothing else, available for download on Nintendo's Virtual Console. A lot has been mentioned about the VC's potential for playing all the classic games we love, but I'm just as excited about any original content that may crop up.
Unfortunately for me, Cloud is only available to download for PC users, so I really hope it gets released in some other form.


Addendum: I sent off an email to one of the game's creators about this very subject. This is what they wrote back: "We are surely interested in this idea. We will see. Maybe you can play Cloud on there in the close future :)"

While it's in no way a confirmation, it sure is nice to hear. At least they're thinking about it.

No comments: