Followers

Monday, December 17, 2007

Favorite Music Of 2007 - Part 1

It's the time of year for lists.
In no particular order, here is the first crop:

St. Vincent - Marry Me
Track: "Jesus Saves, I Spend"


Nellie McKay - Obligatory Villagers
Track: "Mother Of Pearl"

Link
I may have mentioned her recently.

Anoushka Shankar & Karsh Kale - Breathing Under Water
Track: "Ghost Story"


Mavis Staples - We'll Never Turn Back
Track: "Eyes On The Prize"


Junior Senior - Hey Hey My My Yo Yo
Track: "Take My Time"


Radiohead - In Rainbows
Track: "Jigsaw Falling Into Place"


Battles - Mirrored
Track: "Atlus"


Gogol Bordello - Super Taranta!
Track: "Wonderlust King"


Robbie Fulks - Revenge!
Track: "Cigarette State"


Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
Track: "Neon Bible"


Simple Kid - 2
Track: "Seretonin"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late getting to this....


I'm glad to see people listening to Battles these days. While my musical jury is still out on the vocals, I still really like what they do with their instruments.

Sharkbear said...

The vocals confused me the first time. But then I just got hooked.