Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

In the vein of Joe's most recent post, I was just woken up by a critter. Just as I was drifting off to sleep I felt something by my ear. I woke back up, felt around and found nothing. I chalked it up to a trick of the mind while I was falling asleep (like one of those leg spasms).

Again, just as I was finally getting back to the beginning of sleep, I felt it again, only this time more urgently. My head popped up with a jolt and my eyes snapped open just in time to see a tiny shadow running (for God's sake, bounding!) along the cluster of pillows that run the length of my bed, before disappearing into the darkness of my room. Jesus.

I think there was a mouse in my bed. Not a cute mouse that rides a tiny red Harley, but a real live mouse that plays on my head while I sleep. I feel three different kinds of violated right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first apartment where I haven't had mice. Of course I have rats, but they're my pets and they stay in a cage, definitely not in bed with me.

I woke up with one in a box in which my sister had sent cookies. I was like, "oh fuck no" but of course my roommate thought they were "CUTE!!!" No, def not cute.

Put out a humane trap, stick a bit of oreo cookie in there, and take the thing to a park as soon as it ends up in there. The sticky traps are absolutely atrocious but the humane traps at least gives the little fucker a treat before you dump them back out in the wild.

Anonymous said...

just three different kinds of violated?? i'd feel a LOT more than that....especially if it was a mouse. ick!

Sharkbear said...

Yes, only three kinds. I, like Adrienne's ex roommate, do find mice to be rather adorable. Just not when they're nesting in my hair at night.

So I give the little guy some leeway.

I've already gotten over the incident, and actually did get to sleep in my bed last night. Granted, it was actually six in the morning...

Bygones.

Anonymous said...

perhaps you should go to sleep before 6 AM...weirdo.

:P

Sharkbear said...

I did go to bed before 6 AM, and a damn mouse woke me up.

Anonymous said...

Mice are nocturnal.

My rats are nocturnal and are always most active around 3am, making tunnels in their cage, 'rasslin', and generally being loud. Of course, during the day when I want them to be awake and cute, they are sleeping and totally grumpy if I dare wake them.