Followers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yes...YES!!!


It has recently been revealed that Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is going to be an early release for the Virtual Console. Hells yeah! This is the sort of thing that will make the VC the coolest thing around. For everyone who hasn't played it (I'm presuming most of you), Super Mario RPG was a collaboration between Nintendo and Square in which each company provided the best of what they were known for at the time - namely, brand recognition and kick-ass role-playing, respectively. This game added a whole new level of depth to Mario's universe, and is pretty much responsible for kick-starting the wonderfully absurd humor found in every Mario-themed game today (from Paper Mario to Mario Party). Oh, and I believe it's the only game where Bowser is one of the main playable characters (geek-tastic!) This was one of the games I was hoping and salivating for when the details of the VC were first released.
Now, if they'll just release Earthbound my geek nostalgia will be sated for years to come.

1 comment:

BG said...

That is pretty cool, I can remember playing it way back when on the SNES. If square gets on-board with a lot of their games, that will sell the Wii right there. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy II / III? Sign me up! Also, A Link to the Past is to this day my favorite Zelda game.

~Brian