Followers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Pineapple Express


Caught a sneak preview of this one last night. I loved it.

The Apatow streak continues with another great comedy. Seth Rogen does his Seth Rogen thing (that's good). James Franco is hilarious. I hope he continues to break out of his dark and brooding phase. Also hilarious was Danny McBride, who I wasn't familiar with before. He gives a terrific original performance. And Craig Robinson continues to be one of the best parts in everything he is involved in.

Lots of the humor in this movie comes from bizarre non sequiturs, or scenes that extend just a couple seconds longer than they would in most movies. Again, they've done a damn good job of mixing the scripted and improvised material so that it feels like a whole.

The action, much like in Hot Fuzz, manages to parody action movies while at the same time being serious action in its own right.

I had a great time watching this one, and I would watch it again any time.

1 comment:

Treegreen said...

Sarah and I went and saw it about an hour ago, and had a good time. I thought Craig Robinson was hilarious, and it was nice to see him in a more feature role than "Club Doorman."