Followers

Monday, August 27, 2007

The International Society of Supervillains

Hey, everyone! Just want to alert you all to my good friend, Tyrone Jenkins' Trevor Higgins' new website. The ISS is a humor writing collection, similar to McSweeney's. They take submissions like McSweeney's, too, except they publish under supervillainous pseudonyms.
It's a fairly new site but there's some good stuff there already. Hopefully you'll see some of my stuff there in the future.

Excerpt from Rejected Endings For "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows"
Harry’s heart raced. Dumbledore had returned! Then he looked more closely and could tell that the figure biting and gnawing at the head of Voldemort was not the Dumbledore he knew and loved. Albus Dumbledore, former headmaster of Hogwarts who fought so valiantly so many times, was now a zombie.
Link.

7 comments:

Zhubin said...

The Tyrone Jenkins name reminded me of our Bosephus sketch, which I still think was the best thing our collective minds ever produced. What was it that Bone said to you, when you were cop who had stopped him, after you told him how fast he was going? Something in that scene was really awesome, I forgot what, though.

God, we should really tape that sketch and put it on YouTube. For the famousness and all.

Sharkbear said...

Well, we have that sketch on tape. We have most of our Running With Scissors sketches on tape, with the exception of Playground Senate.

And Tyrone Jenkins is actually a reference to Leeroy Jenkins, a legendary hero in the World of Warcraft.

Sharkbear said...

As far as what Bone said in the sketch, I just remember him asking why I pulled him over, "Why, cause I'm black?"
And I said, "No, cause you were going a thousand miles an hour in a 45."

Or something like that. I remember his speed kept getting faster each time we performed it.

We need to have a RWS reunion to watch the video. Let's agree to this date, five years from now. 7 o'clock, EST. We'll rent a room at the convention center down town.

Joe said...

Wait a second! That comment includes neither the actual date it was posted nor whether you mean seven am or pm, so I guess I'll see you never. Not ever.

At noon.

For the record, I have always thought we should get together and film those few really top-notch sketches. Maybe just for kicks, maybe for countless riches.

Make it so.

Sharkbear said...

Well, we don't really have the budget to do it right. For example, we would all have to be wearing seersucker suits in the Playground Senate. And those things are expensive.

Anonymous said...

yes, but you forget you have a theatrical costumer with a fabric-store discount card and a penchant for seersucker lurking in the shadows.

Sharkbear said...

If you want to make me a seersucker suit, by all means...