Followers

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth


Go see Pan's Labyrinth as soon as you get the chance. It is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. It's quite a bit different than I expected (much more focusing on the real world than the fantasy one) but I found it to be extremely satisfying. A moment after the credits began to roll I tried to stand up, but ended up sitting back down for a bit longer. The movie just kind of hit me. Excellent.
Some of you may be turned off by the violence in this movie. Certain scenes are very harsh.

There's a brief, yet good interview with Guillermo del Toro at the Onion A.V. Club. But be warned: it contains some major spoilers you may not want to read before seeing the movie.

The part of the interview of most interest to me was a comment toward the end: "So I have eight to 10 screenplays written and unproduced. And frankly, some of them are my favorite stories. I have a Western version of The Count Of Monte Cristo where the count has a clockwork hand."
I want to see that movie really bad! Cristo is one of my favorite classic novels and I'd love to see Guillermo's take on it. I know it would be badass. And clockwork hands are the shit.

No comments: