Followers

Friday, December 29, 2006

Santa-Come-Lately

Christmas came late this year, but that's better than not at all. The folks are in town for the weekend (parents, brother, grandpa, but sadly no niece). Presents came with them (evidence of which can be found below). Let me tell you, there is nothing more awkward than to be the only person opening Christmas presents in the room.
It's nice to have the feeling that Christmas has actually happened now. This was my first year being away from home on the day. It wasn't miserable or sad, it was just different. It didn't feel like I was missing out on Christmas. It just didn't feel like Christmas at all, which is probably better.
Special thanks to Graham and Michael, and the whole Case Clan, for inviting me into their home on Christmas morning for a delicious breakfast. It was the highlight of what could have easily been a morose day. And thanks to everyone else who extended invitations.

Now, the important part. My new toy:



Ah yes, the ol' taking-a-picture-of-oneself-in-the-mirror picture. Calling card of amateur bloggers and Myspace junkies everywhere. Finally, the cliche is within my grasp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lord, we're never gonna see the end of that thing. :)

glad you got a digital camera...hope you had fun last night. sorry i couldn't make it...and i'm sorry your niece couldn't make it! that's sad. :( what is going to happen to the poor homeless elephant now?

Anonymous said...

Cool man, sorry I didn't get a chance to see much of anyone over the break. I managed to catch some horrible virus from Zach on top of going to Alabama. Sweet camera! Also, what are you watching right now? I just finished Ah! My Goddess, most of Bleach, and Trinity Blood. I just started Get Backers and have the first few [soldat] subs of Monster. You still having torrenting issues? I was thinking I might be able to create a torrent of Gankutsuou and then seed it for you.

~Brian

Sharkbear said...

Brian -
I really haven't watched much new anime. I haven't even watched all the Bleach episodes I do have. I saw the first episode of Monster a while ago and thought it was very interesting. It was hard to tell what kind of direction it was going in, but very intriguing.
I've pretty much given up on the whole torrent thing. I'm sure I'm over-taxing my little eMac enough as it is.